If you are planning to get dental implants, then you must visit the best dental clinic so that you can get the right treatment from an experienced specialist. To get the treatment, you need to understand everything about dental implants. We are going to give you detailed information about dental implants.
Several people suffer from dental problems, missing teeth being one of the most common one. To replace your missing teeth, you need to visit a dental clinic. Your dentist may recommend you to go with dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are explained as artificial tooth roots which look like a screw. These are placed in your jawbone to provide support to artificial teeth, which is additionally known as a crown.
An abutment is placed on the top of the dental implant in order to provide support to the crown. These are custom made, so that these can simply match your natural teeth.
Dental implant process.
- First, your specialist examines your teeth, so that he can suggest you treatment option accordingly.
- And then he discusses everything with you to make a treatment plan for you. The treatment plan involves bone grafting and gum disease treatment so that he can simply perform the dental implant process.
- After that, dental implants are placed in the jawbone. In addition to this, there are several types of dental implants, your specialist offers you according to your teeth’ health and how many teeth need replacement.
- After a few months of the procedure, a connector, that is known as an abutment placed on top of the dental implant. At last, crown or dentures are attached to the abutment.
Is it a painful procedure?
Is getting dental implants painful? Well, it depends, some patients experience mild pain during the procedure, whereas, some do not experience any type of pain and discomfort. Your specialist gives you local anesthesia so that you cannot face any type of difficulty during the procedure. After getting local anesthesia, your mouth will be numbed to reduce the risk of pain and discomfort. But if you feel any problem, then you can talk to your specialist and tell him to go with other sedation options. So, it is a completely safe and painless treatment, you do not take tension about anything.
Recovery of dental implants.
- It is normal that you feel some pain and discomfort in cheeks, chin, and under the eyes. In this case, you need to go with only prescribed medications such as ibuprofen or your specialist suggests you go with an ice pack in order to reduce the risk of swelling and bruising.
- In the recovery period, you must consume soft foods including juices.
- You must avoid taking any other medication in the recovery period. If you experience any problem and need to take medication, then you must consult with your doctor first. Only then try to take medicines.
- Pain after dental implant lasts for 8 to 10 days, but if you experience more than this, then you have to visit the specialist immediately.
- Make sure, you discuss everything with your doctor about the pain and other symptoms of discomfort.
- To preserve natural bone, you need to follow all the instructions of your specialist.