दांतों की सफाई और स्वच्छता हमारे सामान्य स्वास्थ्य और खूबसूरती के लिए महत्वपूर्ण हैं। लेकिन कई बार हमारे दांतों पर...
Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment is preferred for curing infected and damaged pulp from your teeth rather than extracting the teeth. The gap among the hard layers is called root canal system that is filled by soft dental pulp of nerves and blood vessels that improve your tooth growth. Root Canal Treatment eradicates the need for surgically removing your tooth/teeth as the dentist may find.
A root canal treatment has always been known to be painful, but with the advanced procedures and instruments, the treatment is painless. There are many ways a dentist will eliminate the pain during the procedure.
When a cavity or crack occurs in your teeth, it gives space for organism growth due to which your tooth becomes more severe. An infection in the tooth causes further infection in the pulp and if it occurs, it should be removed. Infection can be found by x –ray or through variations in the tooth structure. If the infection is ignored, it can cause severe dental problems.
Ignoring the treatment will only render one to live unhappily. It will also cause further damage to the teeth since the infection will only spread over the period.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I NEED A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Unfortunately, dental issues are widely neglected until one is unable to chew, swallow, or drink. Others will first realize severe pain in the tooth/teeth to seek dental treatment. When you experience the following, consider meeting a dentist;
- Bone loss
- Severe pain in the tooth
- Drainage issues
- Swelling- it may at time extend to the neck and the face
WHO CAN CONDUCT A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
Root canal treatment can be performed by an endodontist who is a specialist in treating the dental pulp or nerve. If your kid’s primary tooth is damaged, you need to consult with a pediatric dentist who has minimum 2 years of experience in treating children tooth problems. For the adults, the treatment is vital since there are no chances of growing other teeth once they are all attacked and infected.
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT / PROCEDURE
- Dentist offers a local anesthesia
- Then a rubber dam is placed around the target tooth to secure it from infection during the procedure
- An opening is created in tooth to reach the root canal and affected pulp
- By using fine dental systems, pulp is removed by cleaning and extending the root canal
- After cleaning the canal, it is filled and sealed
- Finally the opened part of the tooth is filled
After performing the treatment, the target tooth is restored so that it can look and function like a natural tooth. An endodontist fills the tooth by temporary filling and recommend you a prosthodontist for tooth restoration. Your dentist may use permanent filling or crown, the choice is based on your tooth strength. The crown is required in the back tooth to enable the treated tooth to chew easily. In case of lack of tooth part, posts can be used for crown support.
Your tooth is still prone to cavity or gum problem even after the treatment. The procedure doesn’t assure your protection of your tooth from damage or infection. So, you should consult with your dentist for proper care and maintain it along with the other teeth. A tooth corrected by a root canal procedure can be saved. The treatment is successful in most cases, only in rare situations, a second treatment is required when the filling material is extracted, and canal is re-cleaned, reshaped and refilled.
HOW LONG DOES ROOT CANAL THERAPY TAKE?
The advancements in technology facilitate the root canal treatment to take a single visit or less than 3 visits. In other cases, a patient’s own constraints can extend the period of the treatment. Completing the treatment systematically and in the shortest time possible enables the dentist to follow the tooth/teeth’s healing progress.
With the first visit at the dental clinic, the dentist is able to clean and re-shape the root canal. It is always done after an injection/s is given. After a few days or a week, upon your second visit, the dentist will fill and then seal the tooth or teeth.
Each root canal session can take about 1 hour in cases of a single tooth and less work required to be done.
- Teeth with single canals such as the canines, incisors and some bicuspids, will take around 40 minutes
- The teeth with multiple canals, such as the molars and the premolars, treatment over an hour
HOW ARE THE APPOINTMENTS SELECTED?
In case there is a severe infection or where multiple teeth are affected, a single appointment is not recommended. Single visits or appointments are normally conducted in case one tooth is affected; there is less pain or no swelling.
The Length of the Appointment
It is recommended that a patient takes the treatment period seriously for the dentist to monitor teeth or tooth. Lengthening the appointments will only cause the apin or an infection to spread easily
WHO IS THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR ROOT CANAL TREATMENT/THERAPY?
Any person can have the treatment done as long as he or she is generally healthy. In case of any infection in the body, pregnant women, cancer patients, a discussion with the dentist plus your doctor must be done to know your eligibility.
Though the treatment is 100% necessary, the procedure may worsen one’s condition since there is a slight pain felt after the procedure. It is totally essential to consult a dentist in case it is an urgent matter.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
- You may feel sensitivity due to inflammation until the treated tooth or teeth properly heal.
- You may experience a slight swelling and pain. Cold things will help you in the first two days
- Avoid using the treated teeth until they properly heal
- Dental hygiene is vital after the treatment
HOW SUCCESSFUL IS A ROOT CANAL THERAPY/TREATMENT?
There are cases of failed root canal treatments for different reasons. Choosing a good dentist and clinic can help lower such chances. A good dentist will diagnose the teeth and fully understand the extent of the infection and conduct a proper procedure.
- The type of filling used can also cause the necessity of re-filling in the future.
- Poor dental care and hygiene can also cause the teeth to get infected again.
ADVANTAGES OF A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- It helps by saving a tooth from getting extracted
- Prevents further teeth infections
- Eliminates pain and any abscess
- It will help you enjoy meals and life
- Better dental health
CAN A PREGNANT WOMAN UNDERGO ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
- There are no side effects so far brought forward to prevent pregnant women from undergoing the procedure. Except, the increased radiographs might may pose a threat to the fetus/li>
- For any pregnant women, it is best that that a discussion between the doctors is conducted to evaluate the woman.
- Treatment given in case a pregnant woman undergoes a root canal treatment must be as at protecting the fetus and relieving the pain
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT COST
We are specialized in providing treatment to repair and save the damaged or infected tooth instead of replacing it. This specialized treatment is known as Endodontics or root canal treatment. Our best team of professional experts removes the damage area of the tooth and then proceeds to clean, disinfect, filling and sealing the infected area of the tooth.
We ensure the painless single sitting with less Cost of Root Canal Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab. We offer the treatment at affordable prices without any compromise on quality. We provide treatment with best dental equipments, latest techniques with international standards of sterilization and cross infection control but within the pockets of patients.
Visit us to get exact cost estimation for the root canal treatment before the procedure.
दांतों में असहनीय दर्द के क्या है कारण,उपचार और परहेज ?
दांतों में अगर ज्यादा दर्द की समस्या है, तो इसे नज़रअंदाज़ न करे बल्कि समय पर इसका उपचार करवा के...
दाँतों को निकालने की जगह, RCT रूट कैनाल ट्रीटमेंट अपनाएं जानिए प्रक्रिया
RCT (Root canal treatment) रूट कैनाल ट्रीटमेंट कैसे किया जाता है और रूट कैनाल क्या है? आज की दुनिया में...