The tooth filling is one of those options which is considered essential in addressing dental issues. Additionally, the tooth filling...
Tooth Colored Fillings
Tooth colored fillings for decayed and damaged teeth
For decayed or crooked tooth, the tooth colored filling is the most secured and significant solution that offers the similar natural look to your teeth. Also known as white filling or dental filling, the tooth colored fillings has cosmetic uses such as correct the tooth size, color and shape. This procedure is highly significant in filling the gaps between teeth, repair chipped teeth and offer straight look to your teeth.
Benefits of tooth colored fillings
- Resemble natural tooth color
- Chemical bonding with tooth so you do not need to use slots or pins to receive firm tooth structure
- White filling is bonded to keep the maximum strength of the tooth
- It takes only a few seconds to harden the bond rather several days as happen with ordinary materials
- Tooth sensitivity because of composite resin is nominal and brief.
- They should be used on front and back teeth without affecting the look
- In case of damage, the filling can be repaired
- Prolong use of thick colored liquids and foods affect the filling color
- Less durable than metal fillings
- Rapid and longer exposure to liquids with high alcohol consumption may severally affect them
- Tooth colored filling is costlier than amalgam filling
- Dental insurance companies commonly impose a surcharge, for placement of white filling rather dental amalgam.
Tooth colored fillings are composite resin fillings
The most commonly used tooth colored filling is composite resin filling. The composite is made from packed filler particles that are bounded to develop a hard matrix. A fluid matrix of acrylic is hardened to develop composite resin. The trace metals offer the required glass color and zirconium/titanium oxides give opacity
Placement of composite fillings
The composite fillings are chemically bonded to teeth. So, their placement doesn’t always need to use anesthesia of the repair area. But it is needed if need to repair the tooth decay under the enamel layer and the underlying dentin layer that encloses the tooth nerve. After removing the decayed part, the tooth cleaning and primer is applied to the restored area. The primer opens pores in enamel and dentin. The resin material flows to open holes and heals it. After shaping the filling material, it is hardened with a powerful curing light. After it is hardened, your bite pattern is checked to ensure that it fits your teeth adequately.
Gold Inlays: It is a durable and highly biocompatible inlay that is also easy to place, although the cost is high.
Dental amalgam: It is a strong alternative to tooth colored filling. Dental amalgam is the cheapest option for filling and needs only single visit. But it is not a reliable option.