In recent years, various teeth whitening products have come into the market. But, have you ever used them and were you satisfied with the results like you would have been with the professional teeth whitening. In this topic we will have highlighted the teeth whitening advantages.
Well, no doubt does not like bright and shiny teeth. In that case, brushing and flossing are important for oral health. Apart from that professional teeth whitening gives the optimum results which are not available with over-the-counter products. When you visit the dentist to get the treatment make sure you have chosen the best. It cost even more and also the results do not last for a long time. With brighter teeth, a person’s self-esteem also improves. Here we are going to tell you more about the professional teeth bleaching.
What happens with Professional Teeth Whitening
When you visit the dental clinic, the doctor will prepare everything from start to finish. The procedure takes around 60 to 90 minutes. The various standard steps to perform the procedure:
- Before the procedure, the doctor will keep a record of your current teeth shade.
- After that teeth pumice is used to polish the teeth which is grainy material and from the teeth surface, it removes plaque.
- The teeth will be kept dry with the gauze. Retractors are used so that the lips, cheeks, and tongue do not come in contact with teeth whitening solution.
- After the barrier is placed with the gum line so that the solution does not get exposed to the teeth.
- The next step is coating teeth with whitening solution on the front only. The solution includes carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide as the bleaching agent.
- There are various whitening products in which laser or light is needed to activate the peroxide. Once the solution is applied it left there for 30 to 60 minutes. There are some brands which need to be applied again & again.
- Once the desired shade has reached the teeth surface is rinsed properly. The tooth sensitivity is reduced by applying the fluoride application.
- Additional visits can be needed till the time the desired shade is achieved.
Once the procedure is complete, the patient should avoid food or beverages for 24 hours which have pigment levels. Avoid these food products:
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato juice
- Yellow mustard
- Black grapes
- Red wine
Professional at-home whitening kits
In case you want something which you can use at home them professional kit is there which can be bought from the doctor. These are custom-trays which will your doctor make as per your need.
Talk to the doctor to know what you should do to get bright and attractive teeth.