Sometimes the headache is more than a pain in the neck or head throb. Many times, we neglect the situation which makes everything worse. If there is an issue with the muscles and bone of the jaw then it might result in facial pain and intense headache. It is likely to occur due to the following reasons:
- Internal joint injury
- Degenerative joint disease
- Pain is the fascia and muscles which help in controlling the neck, jaw, and shoulder function.
Sometimes it is difficult to understand the reason which is resulting in a headache. When the pain reaches the facial area, then it should be considered that the pain is getting worse. Make sure that you consult the best dentist in Ludhiana.
The jaw is a complex joint
The jaw is made through symmetrical joints which are known as TMJ when the upper and lower jaw come together. When the movement is proper it helps us to eat, chew, bite, and talk perfectly. If the joint is inflamed or the position is changed then it can result in tightness, pain, or rigid movement of the jaw.
What are the reasons for the same?
Well! There are no specific reasons for this condition but some of them included the following:
- Tight muscles
Due to tension and stress, the jaw will get clenched & jaw muscles are strained.
- Excessive gum chewing
- Teeth grinding
Teeth grinding can be due to stress, whether you are awake or asleep.
- A bad bite can result in the issue
- If you have a jaw, neck, or head injury then it can lead to trauma.
What are the methods to ease the pain?
The discomfort and pain which come with this situation do not last for a lifetime and it may go away on their own. If the pain is not going away, then you need to get the treatment as early as possible to manage your condition. Some of the possible treatment options which can work in your favor are:
- The doctor will suggest you take certain pain medications to Medicom the pain.
- You can take the muscle relaxant medications
- Making certain modifications in the diet to help the jaw rest properly.
- Pain is reduced by applying cold packs
- Pain is reduced by applying moist heat
- Physical therapy helps the muscles around the jaw to stretch properly and the posture issue is solved.
- The mouth guard is given which helps in preventing the teeth grinding, especially when you are asleep.
- Stress management to help the muscles relax.
How to prevent future flare-ups?
You must take the necessary steps on time so that the pain is prevented from coming back again and again.