It is important to understand that you need to follow the dental care regime every single day. If you try to neglect the routine then it can cost you in the long run. Make sure that you visit the best dental clinic in Ludhiana for your regular dental check-up and appointment. If you notice any unwanted signs or problems with dental health, then visit the dentist in Ludhiana without wasting a single minute.
How should I take care of my gums and teeth?
Religiously brush your teeth
Make sure that you brush your teeth 2 times a day. When you do so, it removes plaque which is the film of bacteria and it is attached to teeth. It results in acid production and even cavities. Here’s what you should keep in mind when you brush your teeth:
- Make sure to use pea-sized fluoride toothpaste while brushing. Keep the toothbrush at an angle of 45 degrees.
- You need to brush it in a circular motion. Make sure that you do not pressure excess pressure on the bristles, otherwise, it will lay flat and they won’t be able to brush your teeth.
- Make sure that you clean your mouth from the upper and lower of the teeth which face the tongue.
- You should never scrub the tongue and use extremely gentle strokes.
- Once you are done brushing the teeth for 2 minutes, you need to use a mouthwash.
Keep in mind, that you should replace the toothbrush every 3 to 4 months because after that the bristles become weak and they won’t clean your teeth.
Floss your teeth correctly
You need to include flossing in your daily regime, once in your day. By doing so, it helps to remove plaque and the food items which are not in reach of the toothbrush. If you are not aware of the correct approach of flossing then make sure to consult the dentist about the same:
- Make sure that you floss between each tooth and even do it at the back teeth.
- However, you should apply pressure in excess as it injures the gums
- You must always use a clean section of floss.
The correct way to rinse the teeth and gums
Another part of your oral care regime should be the use of mouthwash. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure to rinse the mouth with a daily antiseptic so that the bacteria is killed. It even helps in preventing gum disease and bad breath.
- Use fluoride-containing mouthwash as it reduces the chances of tooth decay.
- Let the rinse swish in the mouth for around 30 to 60 seconds.
- The mouthwash can be used before or after you brush and floss