Step-By-Step Procedure Of Root Canal: After noticing severe damages to your tooth you finally decided to visit Ludhiana Dental Centre, and to save the day, your doctor has advised you to go for a root canal.
However, you can not jump on the boat without learning about the depth of the ocean, which is why you are here to learn about the procedures of the root canal and understand what to expect during the surgery.
Most Root canal Surgery done is relatively a very simple process. The Dentist in Ludhiana fills the canals after cleaning out the pulp that is infected.
The Procedure Of Root Canal And Its Step
- Preparing the area: the doctors begin the procedure of root canal by numbing the infected area, with help of an injection which sends numbing sensation to your tooth’s root and the gums.
After the area is numbed, the dental dam is placed in the mouth by the dentist. This procedure helps in separating the tooth that requires a root canal as the rest of the teeth are covered.
- Cleaning and assessing the roots: to access the root canals, the dentist drills through the damaged tooth. Different instruments are used for cleaning the root canals and the pulp chambers. To minimize any infection antiseptic and antibacterial solution is used, it helps in cleaning and eliminating any bacteria.
- Shaping the canals: a tiny instrument is used to shape the canals, to make them ready to receive the filling material from the dentist. After the filing has been done, the canal is cleaned again for the second time.
- Filling the canals: gutta-percha is used to fill the canals, after the material is placed inside the tooth, it is heated. As the dentist compresses the material, it fits snuggly to the wall. To further seal the hole an adhesive cement is used as it keeps the bacteria out.
- Filling the access hole: Tooth Filling in Punjab is done to seal the holes which were done to access the root canal, this procedure helps in eliminating the entry of bacteria into the tooth. A post might also need to be placed to strengthen the tooth. This procedure is done only if the tooth is unavailable to support and restore on its own.
- Healing and Antibiotics: a prescription of antibiotics would be given by the doctor to the patient as the medication would eliminate any infection. As it is very normal to feel certain discomfort after the root canal, that is why you would be given a set of instructions for post-care.
- Adding crown: if you have a root canal on the back of the teeth, or have several teeth damaged, then you might need to visit the dentist again to add a crown on it. It adds stability and strength to the treated teeth. To match the existing teeth, the permanent crown is exactly fabricated. Once the crown is placed, you will be able to handle the force during chewing.