Dental bleaching or teeth whitening is indeed one of the most common processes that people choose in cosmetic dentistry. With the help of a Teeth Whitening Ludhiana procedure, you will be able to restore the natural color of the teeth. And with the use of bleach, the dentist whitens the teeth a few shades lighter.
The Best Dentist in Ludhiana suggests that patients who have healthy teeth and gums undergo teeth whitening procedures.
There are also people who take over-the-counter products such as whitening toothpaste, bleaching pen, bleaching strip, rinses, trays, and many more.
However, if you want to achieve a long-lasting and better result, we highly recommend you visit a dental clinic for treatment.
Before that, let us learn what exactly causes your teeth to get a yellow or brown tinge.
What Are The Causes Of Teeth Staining
These are some of the triggering points that can lead to teeth staining:
- Consuming fruits such as berries
- Consuming drinks such as coffee, wine, cola, tea, and sports drinks
- Smoking and chewing tobacco
- Poor dental hygiene
- Some of the diseases and their treatment procedure, including chemotherapy and radiation
- Some medications include Tetracycline & Doxycycline Antibiotics, Antipsychotic drugs, Antihistamines, and medicines for High Blood Pressure
- Certain mouthwashes that contain Cetylpyridinium and Chlorhexidine Chloride
- Dental materials such as Amalgam Restorations
- Advancing age
Some Home Remedies Or Treatment For Teeth Whitening
These are some over-the-counter techniques that people can use if they want to try out a teeth whitening procedure. But remember, we do not advise you to follow such techniques as they can harm your teeth and mouth. Be careful and instead opt for professional help.
Teeth whitening toothpaste
The first thing is the use of toothpaste that helps in whitening the teeth. It helps remove the stains on the surface of the teeth. There is some whitening toothpaste that is more effective in eliminating those stains with the help of the mild polishing and chemical agents present in them. But they are not a great option for removing the stains deep in the teeth.
At-home whitening kit
Another procedure is a home whitening kit. They include many different products, including over-the-counter whitening gels, strips, rinses, tray-based teeth whiteners, and many more.
The Dentist Does Not Recommend These People Teeth Whitening Procedure
- Aged people
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Children below 16 years
- People with gum diseases and sensitive teeth
- People allergic to peroxide
- People with crowns, fillings, and other restorations in their teeth
What Are The Risks Associated With Teeth Whitening?
These are some of the common risks that we often associate with teeth whitening dental procedures.
- Mild irritation
- Tooth Sensitivity
Both the side effects are generally temporary and go away on their own. If you want to reduce sensitivity, you can follow these tips.
- Use sensitive toothpaste
- Wear the tray for a shorter period of time
- Take advice from the dentist