Dental problems are on peak these days, because of poor nutrition and some other factors. If you are suffering from dental problems such as missing teeth, cavities, gum problems, and so on. You must go with dental treatment, but make sure, you must choose the best dentist. Here, in this article we are going to tell you about dental implants and bridges.
Dental problems are not only experienced by children, but old age people and adults also experience dental problems. There are so many dental problems such as poor oral hygiene, crooked teeth, injury to teeth, gum disease, and cavities as well. In this case, you must visit the dental clinic, so that you can get a check-up from the dentist. He may recommend you dental implants or dental bridges. However, you need to understand which is right for you and why people lean toward implants more than dental bridges. Let’s understand both these terms.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are explained as strong fixation of teeth, usually, this is used to replace the natural teeth with an artificial one. The tooth roots are made with careful consideration so that these can match the natural teeth. Millions of people go with implants because these offer so many benefits such as-:
- These are useful to improve your facial appearance
- These are also valuable to enhance speech, oral health, and boost your self- confidence as well.
- You can simply eat and chew food after getting them.
- These do not result in pain and discomfort, in fact these are Convenient
- If you get implants, these will last long and you do not need to go with any other type of dental treatment.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental Bridges are explained as bridges, that are used to close the gap, that is caused by missing teeth. In addition to this, these dental bridges are made up of crowns that are useful to fill the gap. If you have two anchoring teeth then these are known as abutment teeth, and if you have a false tooth, that is known as pontics.
Well, these need support and these are supported by natural teeth. These are also valuable to restore your smile and offer you the natural shape of the face.
Why it is beneficial to go with dental implants over dental bridges?
- Implants are well-known among people, because these promote bone growth, that is helpful to preserve the facial structure.
- There is no risk of tooth decay, if you choose implants.
- Implants quite similar to natural teeth and these are durable than dental bridges.
- Implants offer protection to your jawbone that lies under the teeth.
- The success rate of implants is too high as compared to dental bridges.