If you are going to get dental treatment from the best dentist in Ludhiana, then it may take a long time. After spending hours getting your dental problem solved, you will feel tired and hungry. In this scenario, you must have the best soft food options in your diet and even drinks. You must be thinking, ‘Which ones do I need to have?’ Let’s talk you through them one by one
Why is it important to have soft food?
Soft food intake is mandatory after dental treatment, as it is like a gateway to proper healing. When you get the oral surgical options like:
- Tooth Extraction
- Periodontal surgery
- Root surgery after the teeth
In this case, it is important that you only eat soft food as this way there will not be any stress of irritation, having an open wound, or getting a problem of biting on the affected tooth. As there is soreness after the surgery, make sure that you eat only soft food.
Which are the ideal soft food options to have?
By soft food, we mean that you should only have those options which do not require chewing in excess. Here are some of the options which are suggested by the doctor:
- Cream soup or puree
- Cottage cheese
- Shakes or smoothie
- Mashed potatoes
- Oatmeal or cream of wheat
You also need to be careful about the hot or cold, because if you have excess hot or cold food or drinks then even it can affect the healing process. To prevent the risk of gum irritation or healing you need to only choose soft food options.
Intake of soft food options helps to promote healing
Who doesn’t want the healing phase to go faster? Well! Here your diet must be loaded with calories and protein in the right amount. Why?
- Protein is beneficial in promoting the repair of the skin, muscles, and tissues. If you like you have protein powder mixed in water or milk.
- If you eat non-veg, then you can have chicken or beef broth
- Apart from that, you can have various veggies and fruits which have a soft base as they also contain the right amount of nutrition. Talking about fruits you should have kiwi, peaches, and strawberries
To heal the tissues faster Vitamin C is needed and with the intake of these fruits, your body will get them in the right amount.
Soft food choices to have throughout the day
- Soft scrambled eggs
- Oatmeal or cream of wheat
- Low-sugar yogurt
- Butternut squash
- Mashed potatoes with sour cream
- Lentil soup
- Tilapia or other white fish with light seasoning
- Polenta or grits
- Steam the veggies peas or squash
Slowly get back to the intake of crunchy food
Make sure to start with the soft food and then slowly have the crunchy food options. Giving your teeth enough time to heal itself is important because only then it will be easier to see the results and there will be no issue during the recovery.