Dental problems are common in old age people, due to their poor lifestyle habits. If you are suffering from gum disease, then must talk to the dentist and get a proper check-up. He may recommend you treatment according to your condition, or suggest you some dental care tips that will help you to get rid of gum problems.
Dental problems are on the peak these days in adults, children, and old age people as well. Dental problems include gum diseases, cavities, tooth cracking, crooked teeth, and so on. In this case, you must visit our dental clinic, because we have the best dentist, who will treat you well, according to your health condition. He may tell you some dental care tips that will help you to get rid of this condition.
What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease is explained as an infection of the gums that is caused due to plaque. And this plaque builds up due to leftover food and bacteria that present in our mouth. If you leave this condition untreated, then it will lead your teeth to damage. Well, there are two types of gum diseases such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
Gingivitis is not a serious condition and this is a milder form of gum disease. People who have this type of gum disease, do not experience any type of sign related to this condition. And this does not result in pain or discomfort, even then you need to visit the specialist for a check-up.
Whereas Periodontitis is a chronic condition of gum disease that is caused when you leave gingivitis untreated. When you leave it untreated, it starts affecting your gums and takes the form of a serious condition
Causes of Gum Disease
There are several causes of gum disease such as-:
- Age-: Old age people experience this condition more than others.
- Medications that reduce saliva production.
- Genetics factors
- Hormonal changes in women.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
- You may experience Swollen or red gums.
- People who are suffering from this condition lose teeth, but if they have Periodontitis type of gum disease.
- You may feel Sensitivity in your teeth.
- You experience Receding gum line.
- You will surely experience Bad breath due to receding gum line.
- You will experience pain when chewing.
Risk Factors of Gum Disease
There are several risk factors of gum diseases such as-:
- Practice improper brushing and flossing techniques.
- In addition to this, if you are grinding your teeth.
- If you do not floss daily.
- Your poor brushing habits or you brush less than twice a day.
- Do not visit a specialist regularly and do not get a check-up.
- Smoking is also responsible for dental problems.
- If you are using a toothbrush that is too hard.