Many people are suffering from different dental issues. People are really conscious about their smiles and do not prefer to show their teeth in their photos. For filling the gap between the teeth, people prefer veneers to fill the spaces. Dental veneers are a type of shell that fits on the front surface of your teeth. Veneers are one of the most common cosmetic dentistry treatments.
What are dental veneers?
The dental veneers cover the front surface of your teeth. The procedure of veneers is performed by an experienced dentist. In this procedure, a high-quality material is used, like tooth-colored composite and porcelain, for creating the veneers. Dental veneers are cosmetic. They can conceal a wide range of aesthetic imperfections. The cracks, chips, gaps and tooth discoloration are also common reasons people opt for dental veneers. There are different types of veneers, such as composite veneers, porcelain veneers, non-prep veneers and removal veneers.
Types of dental veneers
- Cosmetic veneers: They can conceal mild cosmetic issues. In this type of veneer, dentists use a tooth-coloured composite. This same material is used for the bonding of the teeth just to achieve the desired result.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers have a number of aesthetic imperfections. It is a restoration that is custom-made to fit the anatomy of your dental. Before the placement of veneers, some enamel from natural teeth. It roughens your teeth surfaces and offers space for your veneer that stays in place.
- No-prep veneers: No-prep veneers, also known as minimal-prep veneers, are a less invasive option. Like traditional porcelain veneers, no-prep veneers are custom-made for your smile. However, they require less enamel removal than traditional veneers.
- Removable veneers: It is also called pop-on-veneers and snap-on-veneers. It covers your natural tooth to hide the imperfections. You can take your veneers because they are removable the same as retainers. It enhances your smile but can cause difficulty in eating food and can have a negative impact on your speech.
What are the advantages of the Veneers?
The veneers are preferred by all in this era, because it offers you several benefits.
- Veneers can enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Veneers resist staining better than your natural tooth enamel.
- Dental veneers don’t require any additional maintenance.
- They have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years with proper care.
- Increase the beauty of your smile.
Some advantages of the veneers.
As everything has benefits and drawbacks, the same people face some difficulties with veneers.
- The layer of the enamel gets removed for perfect results.
- Veneers are not reversible in most cases.
- Your teeth become more sensitive to heat and cold.
- There are chances of fall of veneers that become dislodged.
- Dental veneers are cosmetic, so they are not covered by insurance policies.
A success story of dental veneers
Many people go for veneers because people are very smile conscious. There are a lot of examples who are enjoying their life with veneers. Here is a success story of a woman who is very possessive about her smile. Because of the condition of our hospital, we do not disclose the name of the person. She is 25 years old and unhappy with the color and appearance of her teeth. She has always been looking for ways to save on her dental care and that is when she found a perfect solution for her problem. She booked a consultation with the Ludhiana Dental Centre and was given a full-mouth dental veneer, which made her smile sparkle and her teeth look bright.
The dental veneers are made from the highest quality materials, and they last a lifetime. They can be customized to match your natural teeth, and it’s easy to maintain them at home. Dr. Dhillon is a kind person who always provides the best results from high-quality resources for his patients.
The best dentist in Ludhiana helps her by providing the best suggestions and types of veneers that are suitable for her.