Dental bonding for cracked tooth correction and filling
The materials used for tooth bonding are resin similar to tooth color, adhesive and high intensity healing light. The procedure is usually followed for improving facial appearance by correcting the broken or discolored tooth. The procedure is also helpful in filling spaces among teeth by extending them, changing their shape and color. The bonding is also required to secure the tooth root that is exposed after the gum loss.
Significance of teeth bonding
- Repair tooth loss
- Fix chipped/ cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discolored tooth
- Fill spaces among teeth
- Increase the length of teeth
- Improve teeth shape
- Cosmetic advantage of amalgam filling
- Secure the root of tooth after the gum lose
Process of dental bonding
Dental bonding is performed under anesthesia to fill decayed tooth whilst for the other purposes, anesthesia is not needed. Your dentist will get the shape of your teeth to choose the composite color that resembles to your tooth color.
The dental bonding is performed in the following forms:
- Direct composite bonding: In this procedure the composites of tooth color are used to fill the tooth loss, correct chips, fill gaps between teeth and develop the worn edges. The composite materials are used to apply and sculpt the teeth surfaces that improve your smile.
- Adhesive bonding: In this procedure, the restoration material is attached with the tooth. It is fit for aesthetic crowns, porcelain veneers, bridges etc. Once the tooth color is select, the tooth surface is roughened to apply a bonding material. A putty like resin is applied that is molded and flattened in the required shape. Then the applied material is hardened under ultraviolet light. The process is performed again and again to receive the final shape. It will be then polished to offer the indistinguishable surface.
Benefits of dental bonding
It is a common dental procedure that is performed within a few visits, also the teeth bonding price in India is very low. It needs slight or no tooth enamel and doesn’t need to anesthesia in the general treatment
The material applied is not as firm as natural teeth so you should avoid biting nails and hard things like chewing pens. It lasts a couple of years and need repair because of use of less strong materials unlike to those used in crows and veneers.
Due to a few drawbacks of teeth bonding, it is recommended for nominal cosmetic enhancement purposes such as for temporary repair of teeth and correction in areas with small bite pressure for its lowest tooth bonding cost for one gap. So you can choose it for temporary improvements.
You should take care of your bonded teeth to increase their life. Care is also needed to maintain your improved smile.